Thursday, December 28, 2006

All alone..... kind of.

Well, I'm not really all alone. John and Finn are in bed and Dan went upstairs to the neighbor's for some guy time, but all my family has left. I felt surprisingly alone when we got up from our naps today and they wer gone. John is "calling Grampa" on his play phone and asking for Mike. Sometimes I feel sad that we aren't closer. Maybe one day.

Sound track for this evening: The Postal Service, Give Up
Beverage of choice: Gazela, Vihno Verde

Dan got me a new book today that I've been wanting to read for some time. It's called Artificial Happiness. The book talks about the use of antidepressats in our culture today. I found out about it when I was doing research on antidepressants for my post-partum depression. I had a pretty ruff time for a while, but ended up feeling that drugs weren't the solution for me. I'll have to write about it once I've read the book.

I went to the fabric store today. Ugg. Joann Fabrics has crap. At least here they do. That is, unless, I'm in search of endless varieties of Steeler's Football fabrics. I have this thing for sock monkeys lately. I have the urge to do somehting crafty with sock monkeys, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Okay, time to pick up the endless kiddie toys that have infiltrated my living room. (And my kitchen is kind of clean. Well mostly really ;)

No comments: