Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Clean Kitchen Challenge

Dan and I sat down tonight and discussed new year's resolutions. I know we haven't even had Christmas yet, but we've been feeling a real need to get some more order in our lives. Normally, we follow the liturgical year (the Church's new year begins Sept. 1st). It feels more natural to us to begin new resolutions then. This year, however, we were in a whirlwind after the moves and getting adjusted to a new city and school. I'll post our resolutions later, but for now, I think I'm going to try and start some of them now, beginning with... "The Clean Kitchen Challenge"

(this is our kitchen when our dryer was broken)


I hate our constantly messy kitchen. Our kitchen is tiny enough as it is, and to add the clutter of the days dishes just weighs me down. I dread cooking dinner because of the mess. I can't relax in the evening because I know the mess awaits me. So, I've decided enough is enough. I'm not going to have a messy kitchen anymore. I have better things to do with my time. I am going to start cleaning as I cook and as soon as I have cooked a meal, wipe down everything so that as we bring the dishes back from the table, we're bringing them into a clean kitchen. I'm going to do the dishes after every meal (or have Dan do the dishes, and he'll be more apt to do them if the kitchen doesn't look too messy). If I have to run the dishes multiple times a day, so be it. I'm basically choosing to no longer procrastinate. I'm going to be on top of this aspect of my life. And, I'm going to reward myself for doing so. After I keep the kitchen clean for three consecutives weeks, I'm going shopping for a new little something-something (maybe Butterfingers.. hmmm...). Soooo.. join me if you want. I plan to be posting random pics of the the joys of my clean-kitchenry.

No comments: