Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hail, Hail, The Gang's All Here

So, everyone (except Ryan) is here. Dan and I decided on another gift for that "picky" sister, just in case. As it turns out, I had the bag sitting out where she could see and I asked her if she liked it. She said yes, quite exuberantly, and then asked where I got it. I told her I made it. Then she said, "oh", and went back to watching TV. I asked if she might want one because that's what I had been thinking of making for her but wasn't sure if she would like it. She said, "Umm, sure. I mean, that's fine." Sooooo...... guess who's not getting my cute little bag for Christmas. Crock-pot city for her.
Mike's girlfriend is here. She's super cute. I like her. Excellent sister-in-law material.
We've got to do last minute Christmas shopping today. Dan accidentally found the books that I bought him for Christmas and I bought some clothes for him at the Gap and they totally over-charged for the clothes. The thing I really hate about Pittsburgh is the totally horrible customer service. When I took the clothes back to ask for a refund, the woman told me no, they aren't on sale (I did just simply go to the nearest counter which happened to be in the women's department). But she wouldn't check to be sure and they had a sale sticker right on them! Katie went to the Gap and bought the exact same pair of jeans and got the sale price. So I just returned everything and have no Dan presents.
And, just as an update. My kitchen is not spotless, but it's doing well. Kayleen and Mike and Dan did most of the dishes last night and we've all been working on keeping it maintained. So far, so good.

No comments: