Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Did I find it???


We've unofficially started our house-hunt here. I just found this very cute home and can't wait to talk to Dan about it. We have a lot of criteria that we really don't want to compromise on when we do buy. We really need: a yard for the boys, four bedrooms (or three and a den), a good kitchen (which this one has!), a fireplace, two bathrooms (I've come too close to wetting my pants too many times), and very close, if not walking distance, to a Catholic church. There are so many Catholic churches all over Pittsburgh that this really isn't an unrealistic expectation. Dan and I went out to scoping neighborhoods yesterday while Katie watched the boys and I just peeked through the windows of one of the houses I saw on the internet (vacant, 7 bedroom victorian for $50,000). It was on the fringe of a bad neighborhood and would have taken at least $100,000 in rehab, but just standing on the porch really scared me. I realized we were, very soon, going to become home owners. When the roof needs to be replaced, we have to buy it. When the water-heater goes, there's another bill. There are so many benefits, yes, but the thought is just a bit overwhelming.

4 comments:

Vanillabean said...

It's so cute. Is this the one for 50,000? Does this mean you and Dan are gonna live in Pittsburgh for a while? Happy House Hunting! I love looking at houses.

fatherjim said...

$50,000? Is that a typo? Is it built on an Indian graveyard?

Flighty Girl said...

You're funny Jim.
The pictured house was not the $50,000 one. When Dan came home, he said he thinks we should live in a suburb, so that would make the house I pictured out of the question. But we'll see. The suburb Dan's thinking of has LOTS of cute houses too, but sometimes the suburbs just scare me.

lisabean said...

That house is so cute. I am so happy for your family that your thinking about buying a house, that means you will have home to make your own, and I know you will make it very cute. Is that house really only $50,000?