Thursday, January 4, 2007

How Can I keep From Knitting?

My fingers, now splintered from the knitting frenzy that transpired, can now rest. I've finished my little handbag and I think it is quite cute, even if I do say so myself. I knit the outside from a a chocolate brown cotton. I've been very into chocolate browns and light blues together - so cute. I lined it with a vintage English linen I had and made the little embelishment of the same and added a little vintage button.
I needed a little more stability and sturcture so instead of a zipper, I used two magnetic strips for the closure. It worked perfectly. The picture here is on my $5 end table I got from the thrift store today. I thought it looked pretty cute with Dan's martini. I'm thinking, now that I'm done with my design and know it works, of maybe making another for Etsy. What do you think??

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Aren't you just the happy little Retro-wife! Cute little aprons, vintage fabrics, sewing, thrifting, and serving your husband martinis when he comes home! Oh, the life!

Irina S. said...

I love it! I was wondering what you were knitting and I thought maybe a scarf. This is the last thing I would have expected. You are pretty good at creating stuff. First that bag you made for Katie and now this purse. I'm telling you, you could make money on Ebay selling stuff like this.

Vanillabean said...

you are so good, i dont even know how you do it. magnetic strip! perfect! where do you get your resources?