Monday, January 22, 2007

On the Flighty Side of Life

It's a funny thing, a blog is. See, you're allowed to see only snippets and bits of someone's life, edited by them, of course. You see what they want you to see. Not that I'm hiding, or saying that I'm trying to portray a false image of myself. I pretty much put myself out there. But, as Lisa pointed out, I seem to get a lot done for someone who is as flighty as I am, so I thought I share a bit of the flighty side.





Here is the Advent calendar I started making in November. I'm still hoping it will be finished for next year, we'll see.


This blue mess is a rug. Yes, a rug for our bathroom. I got the brilliant (the use of 'brilliant' is used loosely here) idea to braid strips of old towels together and then sew it into a braided rug. Really, not a bad idea, if it were done. I got the from here, but her's is way cooler, and finished.

This here is Finn's baby blanket. Poor baby, good thing we didn't need to rely on my crafting skills to keep him warm. I was going to knit a million squares in yellow and green and sew them together. Yep, it's been over a year that this project has been in the works.


These are just the tip of the iceburg, there's much, much more. So see? So flighty. Dan asked if I was going to post a picture of the pile of clothes that needed to be put away. I think that's a hint to get off the computer.

1 comment:

lisabean said...

I love the rug idea. I went to the website where you got the idea, and she used old pajama pants. I don't know why, but I have a few clothes that I never wear, but have sentimental attachment to, so I think I might attempt to do this some day.If it makes you feel better, I have many "in the closet" projects.Half made pillow cases, baby books (I really dislike scrap booking, I thought I would like it, but I don't) a scarf that I've been working on for 3 years now, So don't feel to bad.Maybe this should be the new challenge for us?