Thursday, January 4, 2007

Our Daily Bread and Thrifty Finds

We had a poor man's supper of potato leek soup and home baked bread. Dan said it tasted healthy (the bread that is, the soup is a favorite from the French cookbook), so I don't think I'll be making that recipe again.

Earlier I went to the thrift store and found a few things. Some to sell, others to recycle. I've been looking for regular comfy baby pants and pickings are slim. Especially for boys clothes. I decided I was going to try making some and went looking for fabric and had an even harder time. Recently, when I've been out thrifting, I've been noticing how cute the fabrics for blankets are, so I've started picking them up whenever I'm out and am simply going to make the clothes out of those. It's far cheaper than the fabric store too, as I'm paying around a $1 a yard.

2 comments:

Irina S. said...

What is that pink blanket? Is it Gymboree? It looks cute. Same with the blanket on the lower right.
I don't have time to go to Value Village anymore unfortunately. I kind of miss shopping at thrift stores.

Flighty Girl said...

The pink is definately from Gymboree. It's a 2000 line, but it's in mint condition. I don't even know if it's been used. The rest of the blankets are not though. Those are for sewing projects. Maybe you should have Dominic give you some "Irina time" (I go to the thrift for "Kelly time" sometimes) and get some deals. I miss hearing about your treasures!