Saturday, January 13, 2007

So a priest walks into a Wal-Mart.......

Actually, he really did. We picked up Fr. Jim from the airport last night and we made a stop at the Wal-Mart diaper cream and then we went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. (As an aside, I really dislike Wal-mart, and not for the many reasons most people do. Every time I go in there it seems that some parent feels the need to yell, scream, and hit their child. It just feels like a den of child-abusers. I don't know. Creepy.) Walking around with a priest gets you attention though, and people are a lot less likely to hit their kids in front of a priest I guess. I was going through the check out and it was funny to notice all the people pointing out the priest, commenting on his collar and such. It's kind of fun being out with a priest.

3 comments:

Irina S. said...

You see people hitting their children? I was surprised at how rarely I saw parents hitting their children in public here in America. You should go to Romania and see some embarassing disciplining in public there. They don't have the child abuse laws there that Americans have.

Vanillabean said...

I don't like Walmart either. I get a bad feeling in there.

lisabean said...

You know I thought Eugene's Walmart was the only creepy one, but it sounds like the're all creepy. I don't even think their prices are that much better.