Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sweet Valentines


Daniel got me a poetry book for Valentines, it's becoming a bit of a tradition. I love it. For his gift, I tried to get the house pretty sqeaky clean, but it was one of those days when the boys undid just about everything I did, so we're not quite squeaky here, but pretty clean. We made a lovely Chateaubriand for dinner, very yummy. I was going to make some cupcakes, but decided to got ahead and make a regular cake instead. I had to go MacGyver on it though. Being so snowy out, we're staying put, so when I ran out of sugar and realized we didn't have red food coloring, I had to make due with what we had. I used red sprinkles to color the frosting and then I used melted marshmallows for the rest of the sugar in the frosting. And................ the frostind tasted awful. I'm not exactly sure that it was make 'make-shift' ingredients though. I think it had more to do with the recipe calling for 3 sticks of butter. yuck. The cake's good though. We're just scraping off the frosting to eat it.

No comments: