Thursday, March 29, 2007

And now she's a painter

I finished painting the little table and chair for John. I think it looks rather cute. My goal is to pick up other little chairs at garage sales and thrift stores when I see them and paint them the same color. It will look cute to have a little mish-mash of chairs but uniform in color. I set his little table for lunch and he was so proud to eat like a big boy at his own table.
I've already started on my next project. I'm stripping this rocker and am going to stain it a dark mahogany color. It's proving itself quite difficult though. The person we bought it from tried to "fix-it-up" for resale. Well, they painted over the previous finish with a latex paint. There's brush strokes all over and it started chipping right away. I meant to strip the thing when I first got it, but it was last summer when things were so very hectic, so I'm just getting around to it now. I love this rocker though. It's so comfy. It will look so nice when I finally stain it and get a proper cover on the cushions.

No comments: