Thursday, March 29, 2007

Buttons, Buttons, Buttons

When I was a little girl (around three or four), my mom and I were in Ben Franklin (who knows if those still exist, it was a kind of craft store) and there were these darling little blue bird buttons. I had to have these buttons. I asked my mom if I could have them and she said no, of course. What was a three or four year old girl going to do with buttons? But she didn't understand, I really needed these buttons. So I put them in my pocket. Later, when my mom discovered my theft, she made me give them back to the manager of the store and I cried. My days of stealing buttons are over, but my love for buttons still remains. So I am doing my first swap ever for vintage buttons (started at Shim & Sons). I think it's pretty darn cool.

4 comments:

Ry said...

If you had tried just a little harder, you could have used the word "buttons" in every single sentence of this post.

Flighty Girl said...

Buttons, buttons, buttons, buttons, buttons, buttons.
But-tons. Butt-ons. Bu-ttons. Butto-ns. B-uttons. Button-s.

There, I think I made up for it here.

lisabean said...

"Button button, who's got the button?"
-Alice in Wonderland

Anonymous said...

Betty Botter bought some butter, but said she this butter's bitter. If I put it in my batter it will make my batter bitter.If I buy some better butter it will make my bitter batter better. Oh...... buttons. Never mind.