Monday, March 19, 2007

The devil lives in PA

We had a gray day here today. Icy rain kept us cooped up inside. I did make it to the grocery store outside of town though. I am boycotting our local grocery monolpoly. The evil Giant Eagle makes me so angry that I have finally made the decision to never shop there if I can possibly help it. I bought some roses there on Saturday night for our date night. I put them in water as soon as I got home and two hours later all of their necks were broken. This is so typical of anything I buy from that store. Last week it was bad milk. Most of the time they mischarge me. I sat in line once when the overcharged me for an item by $5. I waited for 15 to 20 minutes. I usually have both boys with me during errands, so every time they (Giant Eagle) messes up, I just can't stop what I'm doing and drive up there and wait 15 minutes in line for them to fix something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. It honestly happens every week, so I'm writing them a letter and never (hopefully) going back. So I have committed myself to shopping at Aldi, Trader Joe's, 'Whole Paycheck', Costco, and locally owned shops. They are not as conveniently located, but between all those I think I should be covered. I'm really actually liking the Aldi store. It's owned by the Trader Joe's people, and I'm very impressed with how they do business. Anyways. The moral of the story is, if there is a Giant Eagle close to you, it's the devil, don't go there.




3 comments:

Steak said...

Well I see your problem right there in your picture: your local Giant Eagle storefront is constructed entirely out of legoes!

What did you expect?

Floaty said...

Also to say has horn of devil, maybe should stay away my friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm from Pittsburgh, but I live in Virginia at the moment. I've always liked reading your blog..especially since it reminds me of home, but I don't like your reaction to Giant Eagle. Do you always go the same one? Maybe you're being critical of an entire company when, really, the store you go to is the weak link in a (I think) nice chain.