Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Going for a ride in the car-car

The weather is amazing today. The high was supposed to get to the 70's and I'm pretty sure it did. We played outside for a long time this afternoon and even went out again after dinner to burn off a little more energy to help bedtime come a little faster. We're getting another cold front (maybe even snow) this weekend, so I feel like I need to soak up as much sun and heat as I can.
We made it to story time this morning and the kids were totally nuts. Which was a first. John is usually very shy and he's finally breaking out of his shell a little. We got a book of French words and three French videos in an attempt to learn some German. Ok, just kidding, but how many times was I going to use the word French in that sentence? Really. So it's kind of been a goal of mine to start teaching myself and the boys French. It really doesn't look all that hard, just the pronunciation, that's the killer. Now that I've blogged about it I definitely am going to have to do it. I've found blogging to be good for accountability. (Except where my kitchen is concerned. My kitchen is cleanliness-challenged for usually about half the day. But I'm still trying.)
The sun felt like a bit of a gift in light of our current stressful situation - trying to figure out what to do with the rest of our lives. We were pretty sure we were going to stay in PA, but being flighty by nature, now we're not sure. So we're making a list and checking it twice, trying to make sure we move some place nice. It seemed like the stress of our decision was compounded by the gray, gray weather around here. Then today, beautiful sun. A little gift. Thank you God.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Yes where to go. We struggle with that all the time. Sometimes I just keep thinking "bloom where you are planted." Even if it is crappy Virginia Clay. But who knows.

Your boys are so cute. Could they please marry my girls?

Anna said...

Yes where to go. We struggle with that all the time. Sometimes I just keep thinking "bloom where you are planted." Even if it is crappy Virginia Clay. But who knows.

Your boys are so cute. Could they please marry my girls?

Bridget said...

Virginia is AWESOME!!!!!!!

BE OUR NEIGHBOR!!!

The weather is great here! We won't be getting any more snow until December!

Flighty Girl said...

Hi ladies! So nice to hear from you. VA is not really on our list, but thanks for the invite.