Friday, March 23, 2007

If I'd known it was this yummy, I wouldn't have had it on a Friday in Lent

My mom and Dan are going to hear Bishop Kallistos Ware speak tonight. That's why we are having coffee with dinner here. 'Babies all day' equal Very sleepy at night'. But anyways, the dinner.... so yummy!! I don't particularly like fish. In fact, fish in Lent is almost penitential for me. So when my mom suggested she cook salmon for us tonight, of course I agreed. Here's the recipe. But beware, it's so good, it's hard to say your fasting.
Jane's Salmon Marinade (Jane is my mom's cousin)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup beer
3 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp. parsley flakes
1 tbsp. Teriyaki sauce
Toss is all together in a bog zip lock bag and then throw the fish in. Marinate all day and then bake at 425 degrees for approximately 20 minutes (until salmon flakes apart.
I served it on my newly thrifted serving platter and thought it made quite the attractive dinner.

No comments: