Thursday, April 12, 2007

I miss......

Dan told me this morning that there is going to be more snowy freezing weather this weekend. I miss Seattle. I miss the mild climate. I miss my old home by Greenlake. I miss Mighty O donuts, walking on 45th and doing all my errands, and walking around the lake. I miss Diggety Dog lunches and the late night hummas we would get from the Tangletown brewery. I miss going downtown and window shopping. I miss knowing exactly where things are, and if I learn of a new address, being able to find it without consulting a map. I miss breakfasts at Blue Star and Coastal Kitchen. I miss Zoka, Lladro, Essential Baking Co., and Uptown Espresso. Sometimes, when I miss home, I look here and here and just here in general.
Ok, I'm done. Over the next couple of weeks, cold or no, I'm going to try and take pictures here. Architectually, this city is amazing. The moment we first visited, I loved it. People think of it as a dirty steel town, and it's not. Soooo.... you'll see.

3 comments:

lisabean said...

I miss you living in Seattle too :(
But yeah, take advantage of the beautiful architecture (sp?) by snapping some photos.

Vanillabean said...

Seattle is a great city. I've never been to pittsburgh but I can't wait to see the pics you take. I'll try to be taking some of Eugene too.

Vanillabean said...

Seattle is a great city. I've never been to pittsburgh but I can't wait to see the pics you take. I'll try to be taking some of Eugene too.