Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Little Miss Muffin

I'm not sure why, but it still amazes me how I never seem to accomplish all the things I intend to in a day. Today we had a decent start. We tidied a bit in the morning and then walked to story time, played with our buddies there and came home, had lunch and then John had a nap. Finn on the other hand, fell asleep on the way home from the library, so he got just enough of a charge to make mopping the floor, folding the laundry, and getting all of my baking done an impossibility. I did make some banana muffins though. They came out great. I think it was the nutmeg. So good. We're trying to keep our food budget down, and having homemade snacks on hand is far cheaper than prepackaged snacks and such. I have another recipe for zuchini and carrot muffins which is supposed to be really good, I'm going to try making that tomorrow.
(Can you see the reflection of the Christmas lights in my coffee?)

2 comments:

lisabean said...

mmmm.......I want to make banana muffins. I have 5 over ripe bananas.

Flighty Girl said...

I used the recipe in the Joy of Cooking but skipped on the nuts.