Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Mt. Laundry and the Ominous Looking Day

Today's Mix: Imogene Heap

The sky has been looking quite ominous all day. It feels so appropriate for Holy Week, especially with tomorrow being Holy Thursday. It was especially beautiful this morning. The black and gray clouds were rolling in with rays from the rising sun breaking through. It felt so Lenten, like a bright sadness.
The rest of the day I've been trying to scale Mt. Laundry. (Doesn't it look like the couch is going to buckle beneath its' weight?) This morning we had to go to the doctor because John got an boo-boo on his thumb a few days ago and it became very infected, so now he's on antibiotics for the first time ever. After that we had another horrible encounter with Giant Eagle. I ended up getting lost looking for the Shop'N Save and just couldn't find it. Out of frustration, I decided to pop into the Giant Eagle and just grab what I needed. I had never been to this particular one so I was hoping for the best. Apparently I was not in the best part of town as there were to cops or security people guarding the entrance of the store. The store was filthy, just gross, and they didn't have a bag of onions. Who doesn't sell bags of onions??? So I trudged on and got the necessities from Target. I'll get groceries tomorrow. I did a lot of cooking, including some Zucchini Muffins. Ummmm..........crazy delicious! I've been trying to get more vegetables into the boys and this is perfect. I altered the recipe just a bit, using only 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups oat flour and 1/2 cup wheat germ. I also used only 1/2 cup honey and used a little more carrots and zucchini than called for, just by maybe a 1/2 cup. They came out pretty freakin good and the boys love them. The recipe makes 24, so it is perfect keeping some out to enjoy now and freezing the rest for later.
After that, I finally scaled Mt. Laundry and now it is no more. It's the price I pay for procrastination. I can't put off washing the stuff when it gets dirty, but I can put off folding it and putting it away.

1 comment:

lisabean said...

looks like my couch.
Send me your question!