Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oh well.

Yesterday was a bit crazy. John never took a nap and Finn took only one. Then they both fell asleep by 6:30pm!! Holy Moley! The work I would be able to get done (seeing as I didn't get much done all day. Then they both woke up by 8pm and stayed up till 11pm. So the whole day came and went without any quiet time to myself. I should never have said we were able to stick to our schedule the day before, I totally junxed myself. Oh well.
We made it to the thrift store before story time and hit gold. Well, in a way. I found brand new Janie and Jack clothes, a darling sweater from Anthropologie's children's line, and a couple other things which inspired me to finally start taking pictures again and getting more stuff on ebay. I keep feeling very strongly that I would like to make a significant financial contribution for our family, but I'm not sure how. I don't want to leave the boys, and selling my occasional finds on ebay is spotty. I keep thinking of various people's stories whose business ideas were born out of necessity and wonder if I'm going to have some great idea, but nothing comes to mind. At least nothing I really think I would want to dedicate myself to. Oh well.
My sewing machine is broken. And it's not the very simple solution that my mom figured out last time she was here. I'm really going to have to take it to a shop. I think it has something to do with a 2 year old jumping on it. I had cut out a little pattern and had everything pinned and then 'cajunc'. No worky. So any crafty projects I have (aside from my embroidering) are on hold until I actually get that taken care of. Oh well.

No comments: