Monday, May 21, 2007

What's on your bookshelf?

I have finally finished (and it's been a long time since I've read a book cover to cover) A Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot and I've been recommending this book to everyone I see. I was going to write a synopsis of this book, but I can't, my head's too foggy from this cold. But you can check out her blog here. This book has been such a wonderful guide to me and I'm going to re-read it. It gives such wonderful advice on not only living an ordered life according the vocation God has given us as mothers, but also a real call to holiness through our motherhood. If your or momma, or are going to be, please read it!

2 comments:

Irina S. said...

I've read half of it and really liked it. I was invited to join a book club that will discuss this book in July but I just can't find the time and motivation to finish reading it.

Flighty Girl said...

Maybe keep it close when you nurse and just skim the section that goes over her actual schedule. I think her "five p's" and the last section talking about the spirit of her rule are most beneficial.