Thursday, May 10, 2007

"With a napsack on my back"

For some reason I wasn't able to get into my blogger to create a post over the last few days. I don't know why, just wouldn't let me in.
Like my back-pack model?? John hasn't really wanted to wear clothes lately. We all go through that phase, don't we? Hopefully he outgrows it ;) Anyways, I'm kind of tired of carrying diapers and toys and books in my purse and thought that John was big enough for a little back-pack. So I made this little bag with a draw string top out of an old receiving blanket and some old thrifted bias tape for the straps and pull-string. So now I am diaper free. (It's about time.) Though John is not. Maybe this summer. Dan thinks the color is a little too baby-ish, so I'm thinking I might try to embroider a little boyish design on it.
We went to the thrift store this morning and struck gold. Well, at least it felt that way. Lots of great kids outfits and remember this post about Polish pottery? Well I found this Polish Unikat pottery for only $7. Pretty, pretty, right? That is until you look at this side of it.Dan thinks it looks like Chucky. I thought I could sell it on eBay. We'll see how it does.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I love it when you can find things you put on a "wish list" earlier! Though I agree--the face is a little creepy.

Someone probably has one half of that set and will pay big Ebay bucks to make little Chucky whole again.