Thursday, June 7, 2007

Bistro Find

A cute little bistro set has been on my wish-list for some time. Just a little table and two chairs for Dan and me to drink coffee at in the mornings and gin & tonics in the evenings when the boys go to bed. I've kept my eyes open at thrift stores, rummage sales, craigslist and such and have had no such luck. At least not for my price range. Anything in good condition was always $80 or more. I was feeling a bit blue the other day and Dan decided it would help if we just got out of the house. We went to a craft store, Half Price books, and then Ikea and had dinner there and tooled around a bit. Sounds weird maybe, but their food is a pretty good deal and the kids actually love to run around there. On the way out, I thought I would just mosey on over and check out what the price was on their little bistro set - $12 per chair and $20 for the table! I still had that much from some ebay earnings, so we went ahead and got it. I think it looks so cute next to the roses and it's been as perfectly cozy to sit with coffees while the boys play out back as I'd imagined. Now I just have to get my sewing machine fixed and make some cute little cushions for it.

No comments: