Sunday, June 10, 2007

We're not home yet, but we're getting closer.

Well, we may have found our home. We took a look yesterday and it was really lovely. Room for us and guests - even a special place for my projects and eBay! So many cute features, and I really like the neighborhood. We have our application in and hopefully all will go well. I think we pretty much have it, but I don't want to jinx myself. When we got there, he had been showing the house all day and the female half of the couple that had just walked out was talking to her husband saying she wanted it. I realized then that not only did we have no bargaining power over the rent, but this place was going to go, fast, so we were going to have to act quickly. As we looked at it, I wished we could buy it, not just rent it. It's hard not to look at renting as giving our money away. But that's where we're at, so it's ok. I've been praying about this a lot. I've been asking St. Joseph to help us especially. This morning as we were getting ready for church, I was again putting this in God's hands and asking St. Joseph to pray for us - nothing's final till the application's through and the first check cashed - and something clicked about yesterday's visit to the house. It could be coincidence, maybe not, but as we were leaving, Dan and I we're talking about how much we liked it when we noticed there was a little family outside just one house down. The wife motioned us over and, in the midst of our brief conversation, said, "Please live here." We started talking with them and they have two little ones close to our boys' ages. I asked her name, and it was Joey. Whether it's a sign from above or mere coincidence (I was praying to St. "Joseph"), I really hope that we will be living there.

1 comment:

lisabean said...

Hi,sorry I haven't commented in awhile. I will say a little prayer for your family.