Friday, July 13, 2007

Ahhhh... a cozy afternoon. It's pretty stormy outside, thunder and lightening and such, and we're being cozy inside. I've been feeling like baking lately, but it's been so warm, I haven't wanted to add any heat with the oven. Today's high was only supposed to be around 75 degrees, so I thought it was a good day to go for it. My new Cook's Country magazine came and they had a recipe for a reduced fat peanut butter cookie. Don't they look so pretty? They came out looking perfectly. Too bad that was the only perfect thing about them. I should really learn about low-fat recipes by now. They taste awful, so straight to the trash. Really, they're that bad.
It's raining so hard outside. I don't know if you can really tell by the photo, but the water is just gushing down our driveway. Very different from Seattle. And now it's just let up and the sun is just starting to peek out.
We're having a friend over for dinner tonight, so I have to finish tidying up, and now I don't have a dessert. Hmmmm... we have a bunch of nectarines, maybe I could make a tart or something. We'll see. Maybe I'll have a phote of something edible yet.

1 comment:

mamabean said...

Funny you've been on a baking spree too? Yesterday I made dinner rolls, and banana muffins, this morning I thought about making cinnamon rolls for breakfast, but I've gained 2lbs overnight, so I thought it wasn't a good idea.