Monday, July 23, 2007

I survived.... and then I embroidered some napkins

I know plenty of women have to deal with their husbands being out of town all the time, but man, I'm just glad it's not something I have to go through often. My sister ended up saving me late Saturday afternoon and even went to pick my mom from the airport late that evening for me, so Sunday we had a pretty full house. Finny is better, thank you for prayers. Poor little guy. Still a little bit of a tummy problem, but is definitely more himself.

I couldn't help but start a little craft project. I found 6 of these plain white napkins at the thrift store, brand new. So I drew a little pattern onto them and embroidered this little design. I'm a little more than half way through the batch, so they should be done by soon.

Napkins relate to food, so I will go ahead and put my meal plan down for the week. I think posting it on the blog is a good idea in that it helps me remember even when we have changes in the everyday routine - like moving and have guests in town :) So here's our meal plan for the week:

Monday - Nakama Restaurant

Tuesday - Chicken Fajita Orzo

Wednesday - Teriyaki Salmon with Quinoa

Thursday - Chicken Mushroom Burgers (from Costco)

Friday - Moving day, out for dinner

Saturday - Chicken Sausage & Potato Salad

Sunday - Chicken Caesar Salad

You can check out more meal plans here.

4 comments:

Annie Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great week!

palmtreefanatic said...

mmmm tasty week! happy monday!

The Mommy Chef said...

What a great menu! My husband travels at least 3 days a week,so I can relate. I have 4 children,and am constantly in my car! LOL! And I am so glad when my husband is home!

Anonymous said...

Cute napkins! Glad the baby is better!

~Sarah~