Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thrifty, Thrifty?

Ok, we've been packing boxes and sorting out things we don't need anymore. This morning we took a big load of stuff to the thrift store to donate, but I'm not sure how much stuff I'm eliminating us having to move when I go ahead and buy more stuff. Well, at least these purchases were a little more useful than old clothes that don't fit and books we won't be reading again. I love blue and white dishes and picked up a small set of Meakin at a rummage sale soon after we moved here. Slowly, the boys have broken half the bowls and several plates (at least they were cheap!). I've been keeping my eyes pealed at thrift stores and garage sales ever since for dishes that match. Today was the day! I found this set, which isn't the exact same pattern, but it is Meakin as well, and the same blue and white color. So I'm set for dishes for a bit... at least until the boys break some more.
We also found this very neat little table which would look perfect in Dan's new study (the dishes are on top of it). The top is leather and it just looks so antique-y.
We got the keys this afternoon and looked around a bit in the house, just getting an idea of furniture placement and showing my mom how cute it is. The next few days are going to be awfully busy, I'm afraid. So if I don't check in, it's not cause I don't like you. I do. It's just cause, you know, I'm busy.

2 comments:

Vanillabean said...

Happy Moving. We will be doing the same thing this weekend!

The Mommy Chef said...

The dishes are beautiful! Have fun this weekend moving.:)