Monday, August 27, 2007

Dawning the Apron

You ever have those ideas that make your life so much easier, but were so simple you have no idea why you never really thought if it before?? Well this morning was one of those times for me. Mostly, I make meals that have about a half hour of prep/cook time, but lately I have been dreading this part of the day. It's just been so darn hot. So this morning as I was driving Daniel into work, I realized maybe, just maybe, I could get some of the dinner details taken care of in the morning when I'm not so exhausted and hot. Mind blowing, I know. So when I got back I prepared my turkey pesto burgers (a first time for this recipe, so if it's good, I'll post it later) and they are in the fridge all ready to grill, and I prepared the marinade and have the meat already in it for tomorrow night's dinner. Still cool, still cool.
Here's my little menu for the week:
Tuesday ~ Marinated Flank Steak
Wednesday ~ Chicken Tortilla Soup
Thursday ~ Breaded Chicken and Penne Pasta
Friday ~ Breakfast dinner (pancakes or waffles)
Saturday ~ Date Night (dinner to be decided)
Sunday ~ Leftovers
Last night I did try an ice cream recipe that is awesome and I had to share. I just got it off allrecipes.com.
INGREDIENTS
1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup heavy cream
DIRECTIONS
Combine the frozen strawberries and sugar in a food processor or blender. Process until the fruit is roughly chopped. With the processor running, slowly pour in the heavy cream until fully incorporated. Serve immediately, or freeze for up to one week.
I actually used only 1/2 cup heavy cream and think I could have reduced the sugar to 1/3 cup. But John thought it was pretty entertaining that we were making our own ice cream.

5 comments:

Vanillabean said...

YOur pictures are always sooo CUTE! I Would love to make pesto turkey burgers. I think you should post it so I can make it. Also what is this tortilla chicken soup you always make. Have you posted that recipe? I'm really into the recipe thing these days. Good, easy ones.

Mama Pajama said...

We would love the recipe to the pesto turkey burgers. (I see someone else agrees with me : )

mamabean said...

I was going to comment, the exact same thing Vanillabean just wrote, how funny.
Love the picture, post the recipe:)

Flighty Girl said...

Thanks for the comments on the pictures. Brown eggs are so photogenic. I posted the Turkey Pesto recipe and I'll post the Tortilla Soup recipe later, I have to say, it's pretty awesome :)

Bridget said...

Wow, talk about coincidences! I have thought all throughout your blog, you have magazine quality pictures. You should consider some sort of side job where you sell your wonderfully framed pics to magazines! Seriously, you have a great knack for it. Every picture is framed so nicely. I'm lucky if I get a great shot 1 in every 1,000 pictures I take. Good stuff, Smelly!