Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Forget cleaning

No, my craft room's not clean, but I'm burnt out on organizing and just felt the need to do a little crafty project. Since the bag I had been carrying started to fall apart (the fabric was over 30 years old and I'm pretty hard on bags) I needed a new purse.
So I whipped this up last night. The pretty, paisley fabric was found at a rummage sale.
And the tan fabric is a scrap from my curtains. I took it out for a test drive today to story time and then the train store (i.e. Barnes & Nobles) with the boys and it's fabulous. I'm thinking of making a little diaper case and phone holder for it too. Yes, that would be cool.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Oooh, I love the paisley with the pink roses! Perfect for fall.

mamabean said...

I love the bag! I had to switch purses to my purple corduroy levis bag, (I don't know if you remember it?) but I've had it forever. I also use it as a diaper bag. I think I will copy the pattern and make a new bag just like you. We have this awesome upholstery fabric store.