Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Pictures of the New House....

...which isn't really a very new house at all. I think it was built in the 1920's and has loads of character and charm.
The boys are dancing to some music here. Such cuties. But here is our living room. I was afraid that since our couch was a kind of sage green it might not go with the walls, but I think it ended up looking just fine.
Here's another shot, though it's a pretty bad picture. I just love the molding, the fireplace, the hardwoods, and all the natural light! We need to get an armoire to hide that t.v. and the stereo and find something pretty to hand above teh fireplace.
He's a shot into my little retro kitchen.
It's small, but way cute, so I love it. And here is one of my built-in cupboards. The kitchen lacks storage space, so we have all the dishes in the built-ins in the dining room. I love being able to showcase all of my blue & whites.
We are still putting many of the rooms together. I think I'll post pictures as we finish them.
It's terribly hot here. The one thing this home does not have is central air, so no A.C. like the last place. We're trying to keep cool, but I'm not doing a very good job and so I'm feeling very sluggish about chores and such. Oh well, bust press on.

4 comments:

mamabean said...

Thank you for posting the pictures. The house is adorable!

Meredith said...

The floors! The light! The built-ins!

Can you tell I love it?

Kayleen Olsen said...

I love the built-in-cupboards, they remind me of the house I lived in when I was little in Seattle. I am so glad you all like your new home!

Vanillabean said...

It looks really cute. I love the checkered floor in the kitchen and the blue and green walls. We have all our stuff here, but we are no where near settled.