Monday, September 10, 2007

Bakers, are we

I've realized that John really does like to help out when he knows how. Today was finally cool enough to do a little baking, so John and I made those crazy delicious zucchini muffins and tried out our bread machine for the first time.
He loved helping add ingredients and stirring. We made quite a mess, but I can hardly complain when the boys were so very happy during it all. The bread only turned out ok. I didn't want it to bake in the machine because I don't like the looks of those square loaves, so I just made the dough in there and took it out to bake in a regular loaf pan . It didn't rise like it should though, so I'm going to have to try again. We had our date night last night: Candle light, wine, shrimp, stuffed mushrooms. yum. We fed the boys first so we could eat in peace.

But who says the boys can't have a romantic candle light dinner as well?

No comments: