Friday, September 14, 2007

Mums from me Mum and Dan

One thing I've been hoping to do is turn this brown thumb of mine green. My mom and Dan bought me some mums for our front yard today (thank you, thank you), and so we set about weeding that nasty patch in the front. I soon remembered that bugs and slimy things live in the dirt and that is why I don't garden much.
I persevered, however, and got much of the weeds cleared out and kept certain plants that were actually good. We'll turn the soil tomorrow and put the mums in the ground and then plant some bulbs for the Spring.
I do hope to plan an actual vegetable garden as well. Ambitious, I know, but I can try. (I don't know if you can see, but Finn has a dirt-mustache from sucking on the trowel. This made me laugh and the germ-o-phobic memaw gag.)

No comments: