Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Soup's on

We took our new-to-us soup tureen for a test drive and had Chicken Tortilla Soup, so good. So Erin, here you go:

~1 can of spicy tomatoes with jalapenos (or you can just use regular tomatoes and add your own jalapenos
~2 gloves garlic
~half an onion
~1/3 of a bunch of cilantro

Blend this in your food processor or blender until smooth. Heat on stove with 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth and 1 tsp. cumin. (I make this recipe vegan sometimes, which is good, but I generally have chicken broth on hand more than veg.) To this I add diced cooked chicken, frozen corn, and cooked black beans. I usually let this simmer on the stove for 30 min. to an hour. Serve with crumbled tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese.

1 comment:

Vanillabean said...

Looks Yummy! I'll put it on the menu next week. I am making the pesto turkey burgers this week sometime (I have to go look at the menu).