Wednesday, October 17, 2007

If it has oatmeal in it, it's healthy, right??

We made cookies today. Again. I keep baking them, but they keep disappearing. So mysterious, I'm sure. So today's batch were Oatmeal-Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip. I figure those babies have to be loaded with protein. All part of a nutritious diet. Well since I've been making so many cookies, I decided to pick up this cute little cookie jar at the thrift store. I think it just looks so cozy to have a cookie jar with home-made cookies.
On the subject of healthful things, I did try pureeing some broccoli into mashed potatoes and added cream cheese, a bit of chicken stock and Parmesan cheese as well. Dan and I both thought it was pretty good, but neither of the kids did. I thought our meal of sausage and potatoes looked awfully rustic and that we should be farmers in the country, or something.
I sewed for a bit this afternoon while Finn slept. My pajamas are almost done. I'm just a little nervous to add the elastic. I'm afraid I'm going to ruin it.
This afternoon the boys played outside forever. They've discovered a little space between the hedge and our tree and it provides the perfect little fort/hiding place/terrible tunnel and more.
And now the boys are practicing being monkeys on our bed. There are a lot of loud "Ooh- ooh-Eeh-Ahh-ahh!!!'s coming from that direction. Silly monkeys. Hopefully they will sleep soon, as I. Am. Wiped. But now, because I've admitted how very tired I am, they won't sleep till who know when, of course. I guess I'll go try anyways.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Love the cookie jar! You know what I want to get? I would love to have a glass-covered cake stand! I made a cheesecake on Monday, and then a 2 layer b-day cake for Teresa's 4th b-day. It would have been nice to have a cake stand, st least for frosting purposes. Cute boys!