Monday, October 1, 2007

We have no titles today

Finn, just a little dirty.

As of Thursday mid-morning, we've been guest free. I miss them. Come back please.

I went grocery shopping this morning with both boys. I realized halfway through the trip that I have not had to grocery shop by myself with both boys for some time. I was thinking that they had grown out of some of their naughty, whiny phase and that I was doing something right, but really, I just had more help around lately and they are just and naughty and whiny as ever. Well, that's not completely true. I think John has been listening much more lately, but today has been a hard day for him. Finn's sick, maybe he's coming down with it too and that's why he's having such a hard time listening.

I had a productive weekend working on some projects. I made a dress. And it looks like a dress. And I will most definitely wear it. I'll have to take a picture later. I'm too tired now. I worked on other stuff too. Who knows what, though. My brain seems to be quite fried, I can't remember a thing, and I think I lost my last brain cell sometime before dinner. I had my cranky sick babies, the little boy I've been watching and then the neighbor kids came over, so five nutty kids. To top it off, they are replacing the windows in the house. I'm glad to know how nicely insulated we will be for winter, and they are such cute windows, but this is going to take days and it's causing chaos on the boys naps. Dan's talking about us just getting out of town on Wednesday, maybe go to Ohiopyle, just to get away from some of this chaos. It sounds nice, but we'll see.
In the midst of all the craziness of misbehaving children this afternoon, I thought of this story. It's very beautiful. But I'm such a bad mama, I thought about kissing John and Finn's little hands and opted to wait till they had been sanitized first.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

What a fantastic picture of Finn!!! He's still cute though all the dirt! LOL!