Sunday, November 4, 2007

the weak-end

We've been busy bees this weekend, and now that it's coming to an end, I feel like I need another weekend to recover. So here is our weekend, in random order:

We have been rearranging and toy sorting this weekend, and the boys' and the toy room upstairs are almost in shape. We un-bunked the beds, so there is far less room in the bedroom, so a new game plan was called for. I'm liking how things are turning out thus far, and I'll have to take pictures when it's finished.

I just about died when I walked in and saw this. He heard me gasp all the way on the top floor. It took a second to register that it was only chalk (and then get the camera), thank goodness.
Here's John on our newly thrifted chair, still wearing his crown from Halloween (I stole for the crown idea from here). He loves them. Both.

I discovered this once-a-month cookbook at the thrift store. I've been wanting it for some time, so I was thrilled to get it. I went ahead and started a mini-session and made four batches of meatballs and one meatloaf. It was quite exhausting, as I decided to cook a pot roast, pop-overs, and a loaf of bread at the same time.

Finn has been observing John use the potty (and not use the potty) and as a result, there have been far too many 'diaperless Finn adventures' this weekend. He wants to use the potty too, or at least not have to wear diapers. Poo-flinging was involved. I'm still traumatized, so that's all I'm going to say about that.

Hopefully, I'll get the chance to do some restorative crafting before the evening's done. We'll see.

3 comments:

Vanillabean said...

I love that chair! Where did you get it?

Flighty Girl said...

The Red, White, & Blue, of course!

Joanna said...

Ahh....There is just nothing quite like poo flinging!LOL