Saturday, December 29, 2007

what day is it anyways?

Our house is slowly emptying. Kate left the day after Christmas, and mom and dad left today. So the brothers and sister-in-law-to-be are still here. I think it's especially good for the boys to have everyone leave gradually. That way it's not too much of a shock. They love everybody so much, I feel so bad when they have to see them go.


I can't really tell what I've been up to, as I'm really not sure. My days seem to vanish, but I guess that's the way of it with company. Dan and I made it out for our anniversary, number 4, and we had such a great time. We went to this nice little restaurant. It was like carnivorous festivus for Dan and myself, as we had lamb, deer, snail, rabbit, beef, lobster, and quail - not all in the same dish, or course. It was one of those very fancy french inspired restaurants with the beautiful plating and tiny portions. I love it! Then, and I know this sounds pretty boring for an anniversary, but I think it's been over a year for me since I've seen a movie in the theater, so to the theater we went. We saw Juno. The ads looked pretty funny and I've been a fan of Michael Cera since Arrested Development. It was very good. I'm tempted to buy it - I liked it that much. Definitely getting the soundtrack.

Here are a few pics from Christmas Day.

The big family

John playing with his new blocks.

Finn enjoying some almond rocha.

I just love these pj's Katie got the boys. They hate the feet in them, so I'm worried they'll not wear them again. At least I got some pics while I could.

3 comments:

mamabean said...

Those pj's are cute. You know you could cut the feet off them and hem them.

Flighty Girl said...

But the feet! That's what I love!! I'm simply forcing them to wear them. They can send me the therapy bill when they're older.

Meredith said...

I think they'll appreciate the feet as winter grows colder.

They'd still be super-cute even when they outgrow the feet. My grandma always cut them off to get an extra year of wear from pajamas.