Wednesday, January 23, 2008

we all know, it's never just in the morning

It's a funny thing that I can have had two babies not so long ago but completely forget about how awful morning sickness can be. Today was much better, but the last week has been tricky, to say the least.
I feel sorry for the boys most of all. They've watched far too much t.v. and are stuck inside all the time (it's been waaaaaaay too cold to go out and do much of anything). So today we made it out to the Toy Lending Library, brought a little lunch with us so we could stay extra long, and brought out the tunnels for a crazy afternoon. A good time was had by all.


I've been trying to start projects for myself, but I can't seem to stay focused. I want to start de-cluttering big time, but don't have the energy. I've put a few things on eBay this week, so it's a small start, but I've got the nesting urge with no strength to carry it out. Grrrr.......zzzzzzzz.....

7 comments:

Kate said...

i will post my pictures soon but i'm working night shift and i forgot to. also i need to check my schedule but i think i will be out to see you guys sometime in Feb. miss you guys!

mamabean said...

I can sympathize because I was just in your situation.Just be careful about purging to much, I think I went over board and got rid of to much. I am now looking for things I may have sold at my garage sale. Hang in there, remember the morning sickness won't last forever. I wished you lived closer so I could help you out.

Sumojason said...

We have the exact same tunnel in our basement playroom. The kids have already destroyed the plastic frame for the house. I am hoping that duct tape will solve that problem. Anyway, congrats and I hope you get your strength back soon.

annemcd said...

Number four was my organization baby (though you wouldn't know to look at my house now . . . )major decluttering and purging was done in my second and third trimesters. Just use this gross time to make a million lists as you lie on your back and groan. Keep your spirits up-- its so tough to keep your eye on the prize when you're feeling so icky! :(

Bridget said...

Not to make all the Moms jealous, but I never had morning sickness. I DID, however, suffer great energy loss and felt extremely drained all throughout my pregnancies. It was especially rough on me because I have always been borderline anemic, and when i get prego, I go totally anemic. My babies suck all the iron out of me! Anyway, you'll do just fine, and don't go nuts trying to purge! One thing you can do is go through each room and/or closet, and maybe set a goal to get rid of 2 things a day. This way, you can take your time going through stuff and not worry about going through tons of stuff all at once. By the end of a week, you have gotten rid of 14 things and would not have spent too much time on it! Now if only I'd take my own advice...

Flighty Girl said...

Bridget, that is good advice. I'll have to see if I can actually do it. That follow-through part is the aspect that always throws me.

And I don't believe you. I think you do want us to be jealous. Cause you know we are.

Bridget said...

Nope! It's true, never any morning sickness! My Mom never had it either. I must have inherited the "lucky gene" or something!