Monday, April 7, 2008

do we look pwt, or what?

So today was warm enough to put out the clothesline and dry some stuff. Dan came out and saw our underwear drying and asked why I was putting clothes out on the line. I said, "Cause I like to." So that was that. But we did look pretty ghetto with the toys in the yard and the undies on the line. Oh well.
We had a pretty great weekend. We went to see Horton Hears a Who in the theater on Friday. It was very cute. They did slam homeschoolers though, in a way I found pretty ironic. The villain homeschools, though I found her views very public school, and Horton's very homeschool-ish. Then after that we went to Red Robin for dinner and did a little shopping where I got some super-cute little flats. Saturday, we got totally lost looking for this fabric fair, but found it and it was awesome. Totally awesome. I got a boat load of stuff for $20. The weather was gorgeous, so the boys got to spend a bunch of time at the park. In fact, I think the past three day in a row, we've taken the boys to the park, so that proves to me Spring is really here. Sunday - drum roll please - the boys were good in church!!! We did have to take Finn out twice, but that was because he couldn't figure out how to whisper, it wasn't actual naughtiness. So fingers crossed for next week.

4 comments:

mamabean said...

I was thinking as I was doing my 4 loads of laundry how nice it would be to hang my clothes on a line and have them smell fresh. I remember when I stayed with Grandma for a week, she dried my clothes on a clothes line and I remembered they smelled so good.

Bridget said...

So, you took the kiddies to see Horton? Cna you tell me a little moer about it? I was going to take the older kids to see it, but I'm nervous that there will be something bad in it. Do tell me more about this movie! I'm wondering if I can take them to see it. Wjst do you thik afrer watching it? Any advice?

Bridget said...

Wow, that post was full of type-os.

Kelly said...

Ummmmmm..... I liked it. Dan liked it. Honestly, I was so concerned with Finn being quiet that I didn't really watch it with a very critical eye. I would say that it is fine for your kids to see, but don't be mad at me if I missed something. The story is this: Horton finds this speck and he hears something and suspects that there is something living on it. It turns out it the whole world of "Whos" (as in The Who's in Whoville). Well, the villian, a anti-homeschooling kangaroo, thinks Horton is making this up and wants to get rid of the speck. Ultimately she realizes that the speck is indeed the little "Who" planet, and repents. The book has been used by the pro-life movement forever because of the, "A person's a person, no matter how small," line. Take 'em, you'll have fun. Just make sure you eat before hand so that you don't eat an entire box of Junior Mints and totally make yourself sick for the rest of the day. Cause you know, I've heard people do that sometimes.