Tuesday, April 15, 2008

hmmmmmm......

This is the dress I started making this weekend, and maybe it's a lost cause. Thus far, I look like I should be cleaning hotel rooms when put it on. The fabric, in reality, is a blue/gray, though it pretty much just looks gray, and therefore kind of uniform-y. I'm just looking for suggestions on how to salvage this, but please don't suggest a name tag and a mop. I've not finished the sleeves - they are currently to the elbows, but I was thinking maybe if I brought them up they might look better?? But they could be longer. Maybe taking off one or both pockets??? Trims??? Oy. I don't know. The weather is going to be warm soon, so I'm trying to put together some things to accommodate my swelling belly. (By the way, we had an ultrasound, and that baby sure is cute!!) So thoughts on the dress are much needed. I hate to spend time and fabric just to have it be wasted. Well, I could always clean in it I guess.

7 comments:

Irina S. said...

I actually like the neckline. I don't know about the rest. Maybe if you wear it with some interesting shoes and tights it will look good.
How far along are you?

Steak said...

you could always try using a beadazzler on it. Just stud the front and back with a liberal application of beadazzler rhinestones, and it'll never be mistaken for a maid's uniform again.

I can't imagine a sewing crisis that can't be solved with a beadazzler.

Kelly said...

Bedazzler!!!!! So simple, why didn't I think if that??? Can't talk, off to dazzle all over this bad boy in sparkly hearts and faux diamonds. Darn I'm going to be shiney.

mamabean said...

What if you......................
maybe snipped off the sleeves and then made it a tank top dress? Maybe take off the pockets and add an empire waist? I dunno, the bedazzler sounds like the best idea.
So........you had an ultra sound?
Hmmmm....are you going to tell us what the baby is or be surprised?

Bridget said...

Hi, Smelly! I have absolutely NO advice for you! If I tried to make a dress, it would probably end up looking like a pancho or something with no form. Then I'd Bedazzle it and it would end up looking like a rhinestone mess.

Anywho...when are you due? I can never keep track of all the prego people I know. Except I do know when my brother's baby is due, May 4th! Did you know that my bro is finally having a kid?!?! :) Anyway, hope you are well and sorry I couldn't give you any dress-making advice.

Wait! I just thought of something! You could dye it black and add some leather trim and make a chain belt and go Goth! You know, to remind you of your Goth days at Christendom! ;)

fatherjim said...

Maybe you could turn it into a tablecloth; you know, to balance things out. :)

Kelly said...

Bridget, how could I forget my goth days at CC? I would sit around being so very goth and P.M and I would talk about how gay he was.

Fr. Jim, that may have been the most useful suggestion yet.