Friday, April 25, 2008

more trouble than it's worth

I hate it when projects take longer than they should. This was supposed to be a simple dress that I could whip up quickly, but the color is pretty much wrong and I couldn't figure out how I wanted the sleeves (thank you for all the suggestions on how to prettify this baby - I did opt against bedazzling in the end, sorry). After decided to put on pockets, I thought there was one too many so I took it off. I first used yellow trim on the neck-line instead of blue (very bad idea). The hem was all wonky the first time I did it and even with the second try, I'm not happy but I don't want to mess with it anymore. My question to you now is, does it make you think, "Gosh, I need more towels." or do you think I can wear this in public?
Hopefully my next dress goes a little smoother. Happy weekend to you!

4 comments:

Sumojason said...

Sorry, but the first thought that popped in my head was "Housekepping"!

:)

Kelly said...

Thank you Jason. I knew it. I just didn't want to believe it. Dan told me after I posted that I really shouldn't wear it out and about. I did wear it around the house the other day though, and I got so much cleaning done.......
...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Bridget said...

Yeah, I'd have to go with Jason on this one. Sorry! Keep it as a comfy house garment, but I wouldn't venture out with it. No offense, it's better than any dress I could ever make!

Kelly said...

No offense taken at all!! And thanks for the compliments on the sewing. I'm just really learning that certain colors and fabrics can or can't be used with different styles - a good little sewing education for me and I appreciate the honest feedback. It's still comfy and easy to throw on, so I guess it's not useless. Just not really attractive either ;)