Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Short on shorts

The other day I found us smack-dab in the middle of shorts weather. I realized, however, that I wasn't really prepared. I thought John would fit some of his stuff from last summer, but he's really grown. So what does one do?? Take a pair of last year's shorts, trace them onto your super cute recently thrifted Alexander Henry fabric, and sew them up.
They were so quick that I was able to make a pair for Finn too, both within the hour. Super easy. I've since made it to the thrift store and Target, so we're good, but I was expecting us to have colder weather for far longer. Happily not.

2 comments:

Mod Girl said...

You amaze me -- to be able to trace and whip out 2 pairs of shorts on a whim, wow! And, they're oh so cute, too. Enjoy the warm weather.

Steak said...

Do you mean to tell me that the children have been roaming about Salzburg dressed up in nothing but some old drapes?