Thursday, June 19, 2008

lucky

This was the scene this afternoon for over two whole hours. I can't remember the last time the boys both napped, let alone at the same time. We went for a walk this morning to the post office and then the bank. By the time we got home, I realized John had walked for at least two miles and Finn about one. We had lunch and then I told them we could make little bed in the living room. They decided they rather have rafts, so rafts they made and drifted into a sea of sleep. I sat knitting, then napped, then knit some more. It was total heaven. Some days you just get lucky.

2 comments:

annemcd said...

Every now and again, God gives us mommies a break and lets us sleep-- I guess this was our day! After two nights with pretty much no sleep, I begged God to let everyone sleep through the night and I awoke at six something, ecstatic, and rolled over and went back to sleep. Its all good :)

meg said...

lucky indeed! it'll happen to me some day...