Friday, June 20, 2008

pistachio

So yesterday was a veritable knit-fest for me and I managed to finish this little hat and booties for the little one. My mom got this pistachio yarn for me when I was visiting, and I've been wanting to use it ever since. I love the way it feels. I just made up the hat based on a picture I saw, and I tried a little something different when making the booties, but ironically they look more like this pattern even more than when I actually follow it. I'm going to see about adding a bit of elastic to the ankles to make sure they actually stay on and don't get lost when worn. I've been completely bitten by the knitting bug and already started another hat and want to get my hands on some more of the cotton I used here to maybe make a little baby sweater. It feels funny to be knitting when it's so warm out - it just seems like a cozy, cold weather thing to do. But it's been such a perfect activity that feels productive and creative, yet I can rest and be with the boys. I'm such the stereotypical pregnant lady.

1 comment:

Vanillabean said...

I love that color. I wish I could knit.