Thursday, July 10, 2008

simple things

life has felt a bit too tricky for my taste.
moving, new houses, babies, new babies on the way.... all the everything in between... it adds up.
so I'm thinking, instead of laying out my woes, I'll concentrate on simple things - you know, the whole, "don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff" mentality, and "why are you anxious ... Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin. And yet I say to you, that even Solomon in all his glory is not arrayed like one of these." Matthew 6:28-29.

so for the next 30 days, I'm going to mostly post pics of simple things. I'm hoping this little exercise will help me focus on simple beauties, and not get too caught up on all the mumbo-jumbo.
(I think "mumbo-jumbo" is actually the technical term for exactly all that I have been caught up on lately.)
I'm totally ripping this concept from places like here and here, but I must say, it's a good idea.


Join me if you wish. We'll be simple and mumbo-jumbo-less together.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Good for you!

When I read you were moving, I wondered how you would keep it all together.

Here's to celebrating the simple things and feeling simpler as a result.

Mod Girl said...

Congratulations on your new home, Kelly. I love this concept of noticing and visually recording the little things. I'll be back periodically to see what you're capturing.

Kelly said...

Thank you both for the encouragement.