Wednesday, August 20, 2008

simply bananas

the city banana co. sign, visible from my most favorite coffee shop in P-town - which has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
Well I'm done with my simple series, and I must say, that was far more difficult than I had originally intended. Little confession here: I thought I was just going to get away with posting some easy pictures for a month, but I found myself thinking about simplicity a lot; simple pleasures, simple beauties, simple solutions.... my desire for simplicity in life. I think it was good for me in the end. Really, it was an exercise in trying not to let the little things weigh me down, but looking at little simple gifts God gives me every day and being lifted by them, be they buttons or babies.
Other than that, Dan's wishing this stage of pregnancy would last forever. He surely loves a shiny house. I, on the other hand, don't mind this urge to clean, but would prefer to get this baby out. So yes, side with me and say a prayer this baby comes soon - and painless (ha!).

1 comment:

Mountain Mom Alison said...

Good for you for appreciating all the simple things in life. After all, they really are what matters. I am sending good birthing vibes your way.