Friday, September 26, 2008

an intentional party

My first baby isn't too much of a baby anymore. We celebrated John's 4th birthday, with a real party, planned and on purpose. John told me, "Celebrations aren't about decorations. They are about eating candy." I seriously have no idea where that came from. We decorated anyways. I love these little Japanese lanterns my mom picked up at Target in the dollar section. They made excellent balloon substitutes (I hate blowing up balloons).

The happy birthday boy and his very ugly, Fall-ish cake.

Can you tell it's supposed to say "Happy Birthday"? Pretty sad, I know.
But it was thoroughly enjoyed.

And I have now have a good visual of what John's first stache will look like.

Happy Birthday love!!!

5 comments:

oonaballoona said...

that cake is HI-LARIOUS. i thought it was a cute monster face cake until i read on!

Mountain Mom Alison said...

I think I agree, birthdays are all about the treats! Looks like the party was a hit. You sound like you're a seasoned pro at motherhood, not skipping a beat. Good for you!

Vanillabean said...

Happy Birthday JOHN!!!!!!! :)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to you Johnny!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

i want to eat those babies.