Monday, October 27, 2008

coffee break

All the boys caught colds over the weekend and we're still a sickly bunch today. It breaks my heart to see Jamie sick, unable to tell me how to help him. Poor little guy. With their colds has come the cold weather. They are forecasting snow for tomorrow. I can't believe it. I've been cooking up some good indoor activities in preparation for the long winter, and I came across this idea at Art Projects for Kids. It's so perfect for me - I have copious amounts of coffee at all times, am constantly spilling it, so what's the difference if it's them of me? - so the idea of painting with it was right up my alley.
We don't have instant, I just used coffee, cold, straight from the pot, which produces nice sepia colored pictures.
Finn had a great time painting ghosts. Lots of ghosts. 'Tis the season.
We also tried this project, but the only part the boys could really manage was pasting the face on. But a great blog and resource overall.

1 comment:

Mod Girl said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear that you are all under the weather, especially the little guy. Painting with coffee, what an ingenious and simple idea. I'll try that one. And, the pumpkin... I love it.