Monday, October 20, 2008

weekend update

We made it to the pumpkin patch this weekend and got our pumpkins. I realized I'd never actually been to a real pumpkin patch before. When I was a kid, we just bought them from the grocery store.
Before we went to the farm, I realized Jamie didn't have a hat. I couldn't find any of my baby hats in storage (I think I must not have any - John wouldn't wear them and Finn was pretty big by the time he needed winter hats, so there's none in a newborn size), and the one I knitted while I was pregnant was too big, so I whipped this up from some project remnants. John & Finn sported their mommy-made hats too.
Sunday, Dan and I worked on moving a few things around. We decided his study needed to be upstairs and away from distractions and my sewing machine needed to go into the guest room, so we're still organizing and hopefully I'll be getting to some sewing projects soon.

5 comments:

Mod Girl said...

I love pumpkin patches, and mommy-made hats, and rearranging furniture. Can't wait to see you upcoming sewing projects.

gracelaced said...

we just went to the pumpkin patch today! your hats are sweet. i have yet to pick up knitting...
question: is that baby carrier you are wearing a wrap?

Lattier Fam said...

Tell Dan to get a haricut!!!! Ha!!!

Matt

Kelly said...

Thanks Mod Girl. Matt, he's going today. And Ruth, the baby carrier is a wrap. Just 5 yards of stretch knit fabic about 18 inches wide (so when I bought my fabric I cut it in half length wise and now I have two wraps). It's the best.

Vanillabean said...

Nice pics! Does Dan have curly hair when it grows out? Looks like it. I like your wrap too. Looks easy to make, and baby Jamie sure looks cozy.