Tuesday, November 11, 2008

cold, turkey

Morning fog over the Ohio
This is what I feel like - I'm in a total fog. The cold that we picked up two weeks ago was apparently the starter cold. Now we have the real deal. 'Tis the season, I suppose. To top it off, I have a pinched nerve in my neck. The boys may not have to pretend to watch t.v. today.
Onto my real post...
We checked out several Thanksgiving stories from the library last week and are learning about those pilgrims and such. Then on Friday, an advertisement came in the mail and John commandeered it for himself. Why? Because it had a huge gingerbread house on the front of it and he's been drooling over it and asking if we could make one. Despite what some may think, you can have too much Christmas, so no gingerbread till December.
But a little craft project was just the thing to take his mind off those candy houses.

I love glue sticks. Give a toddler or a preschooler a glue stick and you have an occupied child for a minimum of thirty minutes.
And while the boys happily glued, someone recycled that advertisement.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great idea!
I need to get some glue sticks.
Now I have a another good reason to go to Target.

passion2sew (Lalli) said...

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog Kelly.
The boys seem to be having loads of fun with those glue sticks. :)

Ry Guy said...

"Give a toddler or a preschooler a glue stick and you have an occupied child for a minimum of thirty minutes."

Your kids are really slow eaters.

Mod Girl said...

Okay, I tucking this idea away to use one day very soon. It seems we've had a lot of early evenings lately when I'm trying to cook dinner and the boys need a project. This is perfect.

Midwest Mommy said...

Oh I love this idea. We just made turkeys with footprints and handprints. We will have to do this one too.
Thanks for the idea