Tuesday, November 25, 2008

thankfully tied

Thanksgiving is upon us and I have much for which to be thankful:
A beautiful home - that is ours, and in a safe neighborhood,
a new child that has not stretched the love we had, but increased our capacity for love,
a caring and merciful God,
friends and family,
and so much more.
Jamie will finally be baptized this weekend. Jamie with his Godfather, Uncle Pat.

So family are starting to roll in. I realized we may need some more blankets to keep everyone cozy at night.


I found this quilt top at a rummage sale - it is entirely hand sewn!! I love the vintage fabric. I got a backing and a layer in between, so tonight I'm going to finish tying it and start the binding. I'll actually quilt it later when there's more time. So while I'm tying and giving thanks, I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Mountain Mom Alison said...

Wishing you a lovely Thanksgiving (ours was last month) filled with yummy food and warm quilts on all the beds!

Vanillabean said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
So I have questions about using the pump. Pump 30 min (15 ea side) then walk 30 min. How many repetitions?
I'm busting it out... let you know my progress.

Mod Girl said...

Aren't Jamie's cheeks rounding out nicely?! I love your "new" quilt. Here's wishing your Thanksgiving and baby's baptism were filled with more love and goodness than you can comprehend!

Bridget said...

Happy Post-Thanksgiving to you guys. And happy Baptism to cute baby boy!