Saturday, December 6, 2008

baptism

I never shared these pictures from Jamie's baptism last week and thought I would do so today on his one week anniversary. He wore the same baptismal outfit that his bothers, his mama and both his Godparents were baptised in. The blanket in the pictures accompanied both his brothers to their baptisms as well. I started knitting it before I ever met Daniel. I didn't really intend for it to be for a child of my own; I happened to work with pregnant women who lacked support systems, and having just learned how to knit, made a couple things for a few special clients. When I started this one, for no one in particular, I was part way through and thought, "I wonder if this will end up being for a child of my own?" Weeks later I met my Daniel and the project went to the wayside. Eight months after that, I picked it up again as a new bride, pregnant with our little John. Funny the traditions you start to make when you're least aware.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. Gal. 3:26-27

And congratulations to Erin who just had her baby boy!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

beautiful mama beautiful baby

annemcd said...

Welcome, baby Jamie!!

I know what you mean about blankets- for some reason, I poured my heart and soul into a blanket that I croched for Jon for our first Christmas when we were dating (jsut a couple of months at the time), and I still sleep under it every night.

Mod Girl said...

Sweet, sweet baby boy. And, I love the story behind the beautiful blanket.

Bridget said...

Holy cow, that kid is BIG! :)

great pics too!